A different take on pesto using arugula, walnuts and pecorino as opposed to the OG basil. This is dead simple, bright green and the perfect weeknight dinner to feed an army.
- 4 cups arugula (2 big handfuls)
- 3/4 cup pecorino romano
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. rigatoni (use Sfoglini if you’re looking for awesome USA made pasta)
- 2 garlic cloves
- juice of half a lemon
- In a food processor or blender, blend arugula, pecorino, walnuts, olive oil, garlic and lemon juice until smooth (for a chunkier pesto blend less or use a mortar and pestle).
- Cook pasta until al dente and drain, reserve some pasta water.
- Pour sauce into a pan and gently warm through, adding 4–5 tablespoons of pasta water to help create a silky sauce.
- Add drained pasta and stir over low heat until the pesto binds to the pasta. Plate and top with more pecorino and a drizzle of olive oil.
Pro Tip: Mix 1/2 pesto 1/2 mayo for an all-time tasty sandwich spread.
Recipe Video Here:
Thanks for reading! :) If you enjoyed it, hit that share button. Would mean a lot because it helps other people discover the recipe.
Gift or Become A Mantry Member at Right Here
Originally published at https://mantry.com.