Bacon Kimchi Fried Rice
What’s better than Fried Rice? Kimchi Fried Rice. What’s better than Kimchi Fried Rice? Bacon Kimchi Fried Rice. Thick chunks of crispy bacon and umami-laden kimchi flavor this quick, satisfying dish you can whip up post-drinking binge or pre-drinking binge. Bring on the Soju!
- 1/2 cup kimchi
- 1/4 cup kimchi brine
- 2 cups chilled rice (day-old is best)
- 2 stalks green onion
- 2 tick cut strips of bacon (cut into lardons aka thick matchsticks)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoon pork fat
- 3 eggs
- Add bacon to a cold pan and turn on the stove to high heat, cook until the bacon is crispy (starting in a cold pan helps render fat).
- Remove bacon using a slotted spoon, scramble 2 of the eggs quickly in the bacon fat and set aside.
- Mix rice with 1 egg yolk, heat pork fat (or some more bacon fat or oil) in the pan and fry rice (see the pro tip below), scraping the pan to bring up all the crispy bits. When browned, add the garlic and scallions and cook for 1 more minute, continue scraping!
- Add the kimchi and “deglaze” the pan with the kimchi brine, when the liquid is evaporated add back in the egg and bacon and stir.
- Plate, top with more green onion and serve with cold soju!
Pro Tip: When you first add the rice, don’t be afraid to let the rice fry in the pan without moving it for 1–2 minutes to develop a real crust on the rice.
Recipe Video Here:
Thanks for reading! :) If you enjoyed it, hit that share button. Would mean a lot because it helps other people discover the recipe.
Gift or Become A Mantry Member at Right Here
Originally published at https://mantry.com.