Fried Fish “Surf & Turf” Sandwich With Hot Pepper Bacon Jam
Bacon Jam provides the turf and fresh fried snapper delivers the surf in this crowd-pleasing sandwich.
Originally published at mantry.com.
- 2 snapper or white fish fillets, de-boned
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- Caribeque Seasoning Blend
- Terrapin Ridge Chipotle Sauce
- Terrapin Ridge Hot Pepper Bacon Jam
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- brioche buns
- In a skillet, heat a bit of oil over med-high heat. Coat the snapper fillets in Caribeque Seasoning and fry until lightly golden on each side and cooked through (about 2 minutes per side).
- Combine shredded cabbage, 2–3 tablespoon of chipotle sauce and lime juice, season with salt.
- Toast brioche buns, brush one side with bacon jam and the other with chipotle sauce. Layer on fried fish fillet and coleslaw. Serve with a cold beer!
Pro Tip: You can salt the cabbage using 1–2 tsp of salt for 30 mins to an hour before making the slaw to draw out some extra moisture and give optimum crunch.
Thanks for reading! :) If you enjoyed it, hit that share button. Would mean a lot because it helps other people discover the recipe.
Gift or Become A Mantry Member at Right Here
Originally published at https://mantry.com.