Fried Plantains With Bacon Jam & Chipotle Sauce
These smashed, twice-fried plantains known as or become the perfect vessel for smokey chipotle sauce and bacon jam. Not to mention our go-to booze snack for an island-themed cook up.
Originally published at mantry.com.
- 2 green plantains
- Caribeque Seasoning Blend
- Terrapin Ridge Chipotle Sauce
- Terrapin Ridge Hot Pepper Bacon Jam
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Peel plantains and cut the plantain crosswise into 2–3 inch slices.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over high heat until it shimmers, about 2–3 minutes. Add the plantains and fry them until they turn golden, drain on paper towel. Reduce the heat to medium.
- Flatten the plantains using a heavy-bottomed pan. Return the flattened plantains to the oil and re-fry until deep golden on both sides, about 4 to 5 minutes. Drain on paper towel.
- Toss with Caribeque seasoning, a pinch of salt and a squeeze of lime.
- Serve with chipotle sauce and bacon jam.
Thanks for reading! :) If you enjoyed it, hit that share button. Would mean a lot because it helps other people discover the recipe.
Gift or Become A Mantry Member at Right Here
Follow Mantry: Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Snapchat | Youtube
Originally published at https://mantry.com.