Rigatoni With Vodka Sauce
A classic found in red sauce joints around the country, this comforting, easy pasta is probably the best vodka spiked dish going.
- 2 oz. vodka (we used Pemberton Distillery Schramm Vodka)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4.5 oz. tube double concentrated tomato paste
- 1 handful of basil leaves
- 1 lb. rigatoni or paccheri
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 handful parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- olive oil
- In a pan, cook down the garlic and onion in a glug of olive oil until softened. Add the chili flakes and cook for another minute.
- Squeeze in a full tube of tomato paste and cook down until caramelized (but not burned) on the bottom of the pan. Deglaze with vodka. Add cream and simmer on low for 10–15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta and drain, reserving some of the pasta water. Add a 1/4 cup pasta water to the sauce and simmer for a minute or two (this will add velvety magic to the sauce).
- Dump in drained Rigatoni, stir to incorporate and add a handful of parmesan cheese.
- Plate, topping with fresh basil leaves, a drizzle of olive oil and a touch more parmesan cheese.
Pro Tip: Season that pasta water as salty as seawater!
Recipe Video Here:
Thanks for reading! :) If you enjoyed it, hit that share button. Would mean a lot because it helps other people discover the recipe.
Gift or Become A Mantry Member at Right Here
Originally published at https://mantry.com.