Smoky Hummus With Tamarind & Date Recipe
In less than ten minutes, go from zero to this satisfying spin on hummus that delivers big flavor with no hassle.
Originally published at https://mantry.com.
- BasBaas Tamarind Date Sauce or BasBaas Coconut Cilantro Chutney
- 1 can (1 1/2 cups chickpeas), drained
- cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 roasted garlic cloves (or 1 clove fresh garlic)
- 4 pita breads
- In a food processor or blender, combine the chickpeas with the garlic, lemon juice, 1/2 the olive oil and 1 tablespoon of Basbaas sauce. Start blending and drizzle in the remaining extra-virgin olive oil in a slow, steady stream and puree until very smooth.
- Season the dip with salt, place in a bowl. Swirl in more Basbaas sauce, top with chopped cilantro and drizzle with more olive oil, serve with warmed pita.
Pro Tip: Add a 1/2 cup of Tahini (sesame paste) for smoothness
Recipe Video Here: